Friday, March 6, 2020

Getting Enough Sleep

Another thing that impacts my life greatly, is my lack of sleep. It’s not that I don’t try to sleep, because I try to get 8 hours every single night. I go through these phases that last months, or even a year or more, of  “sleeping” for 8 hours, and waking up feeling like I didn’t sleep at all. It’s usually when something is bothering me about my life, which is most of the time. Haha. This has been happening again lately, for the last few weeks, and I think that it’s because of the new job that I started and am uncertain about. The last time I went through this, it completely ruined my career in the Veterinary field. After months, or more, of not sleeping well, it starts to take its toll on your attitude and performance.

I never knew how important sleep actually is for your health, until recently. I have been reading medical articles about how much it affects not only your day to day life, but your health in the long run. I have talked to my doctor about this, and of course I’ve been prescribed yet another medication. In fact, I’m on the second one, since the first one was not a good fit. This one helps me fall asleep, but that’s not actually my problem. I can easily fall asleep like a baby every night, but I can’t STAY asleep. Anyways, I don’t do this to vent, or complain, but because I know there must be other people like me out there, and I think we can help each other if we try.

What I’m listening to today



No comments:

Post a Comment