Monday, March 9, 2020

Depression, anxiety, and working a regular job

This can be a tricky one. In fact, i still haven't figured out how to win this battle. Lately, one of my greatest struggles seems to be holding down the same job, like so many people do every single day.

I had a sort of traumatic event about a year ago that has left me wondering where I will end up in the working world. Since then, i have probably had 4 or 5 jobs, and, will be starting yet another one real soon. So many problems stem from serious depression and anxiety, making it almost a full time job by itself. I often quit jobs because I cant handle the negativity surrounding them, or the pressure that I am expected to face, no matter what the job is.

About a month ago, i started a new job. Pay was quite decent for my area, and it was a new opportunity. However, as soon as i started, it seemed very strenuous, and the deadlines were even more stressful. I did not take breaks, and worked as hard as i ever have, making sure that i met those deadlines. Just today, i was fired. The stress of this job had been getting to me. I was stressed to the point where I was not sleeping well at night, and I was exhausted every single day. Last night, i decided to start taking the medication she had given me for sleep, so that maybe i could come in feeling refreshed every day, and maybe get my work done with a positive attitude. Well, because of the medication, i was not able to wake up this morning. I did not hear my alarm, even though i turned it up as high as it goes. Before i could even make a decision regarding what to do, i got an email stating my termination.

Again, i dont expect to find many people that struggle with the same issues that i do, but any words of positivity will be welcome. I have been trying so hard, and i am really struggling today with the idea of taking yet another major step backwards. I know that I will move on, but it seems impossible. Anyways, I hope that you are all doing well, no matter who you are, or what you may be dealing with. We all deserve to be happy.

What im listening to today


No comments:

Post a Comment