Monday, March 30, 2020

Depression, anxiety, and relationships

Oh man...this is a big one for me. I'm 37 years old, actually ill be 38 next year, and i have been single now longer than I can really remember. I wanna say its been 6-7 years since i have been in some some sort of relationship. I try and get myself out there, but im pretty much invisible in my small town. I dont know a ton of people, which is pretty much self exile here. Most people cause my anxiety to shoot up a bit, and I think i come off as a bit too awkward to the opposite sex. I dont really know how to properly get to know someone, so dating doesnt usually get me very far. And i think that im afraid to drag someone down with me, or that they just deserve better, in general. At this point, I dont know if I know how to find someone, date them, care about them, and all that stuff. Anyways, this isnt like a "feel sorry for me" type thing, i try to put a positive spin on all this. Im ok alone, i mean, im often pretty lonely, but I have my son, I have Louie, and i know that they both love me. It just would be nice to have that comfort system that almost everyone else seems to have. Haha. I think there is something that im missing, or have forgotten. Hopefully i find it, and i hope that you do too!

What im listening to

No comments:

Post a Comment