Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Parenting and Mental Health pt.2

I remember a few years ago, as my son was getting older, I actually had to research whether or not I should tell him what was wrong with me. I didnt know what to do. One day we were outside and he asked me why I looked so concerned. I looked in the mirror and realized that lately, that is just what I look like. And he knows it isnt how people should look. They should be smiling...and happy, and I'm not always that. We have always been close, and I wanted him to know what goes on in my head, just a little bit anyways. I decided that it would be a good idea. Is it a lot for him to process? Sure, but unfortunately, that is going to be part of his life, and its better that he knows. Im just glad that he doesnt have the life that I had growing up. Reason enough to be happy right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment