Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The selfishness of the depressed mind

Now, of course, I cant speak for the majority of us. I cant even speak for the minority, just myself. But one of the things that I regret most, is that at times i have been so immersed in my own mind, that I did not at the time seem to care about problems others were having, i had so much going on in my mind, i guess i thought that I couldn't take on the problems of others. Im sickened by that now, and although i hate myself for not being there for others in the past, im grateful that i now realize the mistakes I was making. The more i meet people with mental health issues, i am somewhat hesitant to open up to them, because I really do think that this way of thinking is not super uncommon. Or, maybe its just that a lot of humans are selfish and uncaring in general. Maybe we werent always that way, maybe its what we have become. I dont trust the majority of people that I know, to ever be there for me, if I were to need them. So, ive usually just kept it to myself. I dont want to be a hypocrite, as i said, i have been selfish in the past. Way more often than i am proud to admit. But I dont have to be that way anymore. I cant expect people to be there for me, if im not going to do the same for them. We have to look out for eachother, we have to pick eachother up, should we fall down. We shouldnt have to worry about being cared about, and we shouldnt have to keep it to ourselves.

I used to think that i was weak, for my mind being the way that it is. But now, I don't think that at all. I think we survive through more than most people could possibly understand. Right now, im not ok. But I'm gonna pull through, you know? And so will you.

What im listening to

No comments:

Post a Comment