Thursday, May 7, 2020

How to get through a low point

Just a reminder, i am not an expert on mental illness...whatsoever. But, i have struggled, for who knows how long. Maybe 30 years, maybe my entire life. Certainly as far back as i can remember.

Right now, I'm at a very low point. Not the lowest ive ever been, but low enough to be concerned, and to need a plan on how to get out of this. This, and just about everything I post here, is more about me trying to offer words of hope, and advice. What little i can. I do not want any of you losing hope, or giving up.

First off, setting VERY small goals is a great way to gain some momentum, and feel a little better about yourself. Your life is always worth saving, no matter how bad things get. I know that it can seem that there is no hope. Not even a little. But...there is.

I find that staying organized is key. Without it, i sometimes wake up in the morning in a panic. I don't know what to do, or where to start. Form an every day routine, and have a plan for every day, preferably the day before. And, write it down, type it onto your phone, computer, whatever, but having it written out is extremely helpful for me. Starting a basic journal of your feelings is helpful as well, though I do struggle with remembering to do these things regularly, and im working on that.

Last but not least, dont overthink it! Your mind can absolutely be your worst enemy, and it is SO easy to tell yourself that it's over, and there is no hope. Personally, i am very hard on myself. Too hard, and i sometimes only hold myself back. Hard to move forward with a very heavy bolder on your back. Put that thing down, and forge ahead.

I know that all these things are SO much easier said than done. I know. But all you can do is try. What you have been doing has not been working, and it's not going to anytime soon. Time is valuable at this point, and you need to focus on change. It will require a strategy! Stay safe, and never lose hope.

What im listening to

No comments:

Post a Comment